[parmesan brussels sprouts]

I know a lot of people hate brussels sprouts - but I thought I did too, until I made them them this way.

Serves 2

About 18 frozen brussels sprouts (half of the frozen package)
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter/smart balance
Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan (the stuff in the plastic container in the cold section - not the Kraft crap)

In a skillet over medium heat, add water, sprouts, salt. Combine and wait for boil. Cover with lid and simmer on medium for 8-10 minutes, (until you can pierce them easily with a pointy knife). Give the pan a shake a couple times. Drain Sprouts and return to pan, (keep heat at low). Add butter and garlic powder (depending on how much garlic you like - either 1/4 tsp to 1 Tbsp - I just eyeball it). Add Parmesan cheese and let sit for 1 minute. Season with pepper if desired.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...